We are a United States Synchronized Swimming (USSS) registered club and members of the City of Mesa Club Team Coalition, therefore, all team members are obligated to pay USSS Registration, Association and Pool Usage fees at the time of registration. Additionally, the first month of tuition is due at registration.
Here are the main financial obligations of all AZD Competitive swimmers:
1. COACHING FEES: This monthly tuition is due the 1st of every month. Fees are considered late, and will be assessed a $10.00 late fee if payment is not received or postmarked by the 7th of the month.
- Beginning Competitive Team (Tuesday/Thursday only) – $75
- 12-U Competitive Team (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday) – $120
- 13-Over Competitive Team (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday) – $150
*AZD Family Rate Adjustment: $5 reduction per month for 2nd swimmer
2. POOL USAGE FEES: In the beginning of 2013, Mesa Public Schools initiated a yearly $100 fee for ALL club participants (swimming, water polo, and dive included) to help cover their costs of keeping the pools open throughout the year. In addition to MPS, the City of Mesa initiated a yearly usage fee (Resident/Non-Resident) and storage/office fee.
The total costs per athlete for Pool Usage: $150
3. REGISTRATION/MEMBERSHIP: The USSS membership provides insurance while on deck at practice and competitions and the Arizona Synchronized Swimming Association (ASSA) registration fee covers awards, competition facility rental fees and equipment maintenance.
Competitive Athlete: $95.00 + $10.00 for Arizona State Synchro = $105.00
Parents are encouraged to become Booster members of USA Synchro. Booster Memberships are $30 and provide insurance for members while on deck. It is also a way to support USA Synchronized Swimming, a non-profit organization.
4. TEAM FUNDRAISING: The Arizona Desert Dolphins believe in keeping the fees and costs associated with participation as reasonable as possible. In order to do so, fundraising is an integral part of being a member of our club. Each family is given the option of participating in a variety of fundraisers, corporate sponsorships or paying the “opt-out” fee. Please see the 2016 Fundraising Page for more information.
5. MEET FEES: Meet fees are charged throughout the year for each competition. These fees differ at all competitions. The cost can range from $5 per competition to $50+ per competition. Meet fees cover equipment maintenance, awards, coaches deck fees and pool rental fees.
5. EQUIPMENT AND REQUIRED ATTIRE for Athletes: Please see the Required Team Apparel and Routine Suit Rental section.
6. MEET TRAVEL: travel for competitions are self-funded. Parents and athletes are responsible for all travel costs (lodging, food, transportation) and meet fees associated with each competition. The Chaperones and Coaches travel and fees will be split evenly between the athletes who are participating in each competition. Prices depend on location and duration of the competition.